Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2016

GEAUX

I started this blog thinking it was going to be strictly a travel blog. Certainly laughing about that now. There was a point during grad school that this would have made a decent local travel blog, but...

... reality has set in.

This last year has been a crazy learning experience. I've had jobs not work out, a few months of unemployment, a loss of purpose, lack of funds to cover bills let alone travel, and quite a few come-to-Jesus meetings with my mental health. Iowa has not treated me as well as I would have liked it to. And I just need to get out while I can.

So... I'm packing up in a few weeks and moving to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. A lack of certainty awaits me, which is equally exciting, as it is scary. I have a small support system already established in the BR area. My hopes are that the move lets me focus on myself without putting my failures on a pedestal (the way Iowa does). My next journey awaits, and I hope to share it with you through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment